Wednesday, December 23, 2009

SHERLOCK HOLMES (B)

Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, Rachel McAdams and Mark Strong

Story: Sherlock Holmes has made his reputation finding the truth at the heart of the most complex mysteries. With the aid of Dr. John Watson, his trusted ally, the renowned "consulting detective" is unequaled in his pursuit of criminals of every stripe, whether relying on his singular powers of observation, his remarkable deductive skills, or the blunt force of his fists. But now a storm is gathering over London, a threat unlike anything that Holmes has ever confronted...and just the challenge he's looking for. (Warner Bros.)

Rated: PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, some startling images and a scene of suggestive material

Bottom Line: The story is all over the place but Downey Jr. and Law have a great time in this fast-paced and funny summer-action-movie-in-December. It’s elementary my dear moviegoers: the action-packed, story-light antics of SHERLOCK HOLMES will clean up at the box office this holiday season.

2 comments:

Scott said...

I enjoy listening to your spot on Friday mornings on KOMO radio. I've found myself sharing the same opinion of movies. Keep up the great work!

couchpatrol.com

BRTaibl said...

Thanks for listening, Scott - and for the shout-outs on your site! I like what you're doing with Couch Patrol - lots of reviews and information. I've now added it to my daily rotation of sites I check out...

Happy New Year to ya', sir!