Friday, November 13, 2009

2012 (C+)

Starring: John Cusack, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Amanda Peet, Oliver Platt, Thandie Newton, Danny Glover and Woody Harrelson

Story: Never before has a date in history been so significant to so many cultures, so many religions, scientists, and governments. 2012 is an epic adventure about a global cataclysm that brings an end to the world and tells of the heroic struggle of the survivors. (Sony Pictures)

Rated: PG-13 for intense disaster sequences and some language

Bottom Line: This visually assaulting globe-wrecker is big, bold, earth-shattering, ear-ringing, mind-throbbing, thinly-written and butt-numbingly cheesy…but so brilliantly bad that it makes me crave the inevitable 2013 sequel (once I regain my hearing, sight and feeling in my right leg that this 2 ½ hour movie took from me).

DVD/Blurays released next Tuesday (11/17):
STAR TREK A
BRUNO B
MY SISTER'S KEEPER B-

No comments: