Friday, August 7, 2009

G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA (?)

Starring: Channing Tatum, Sienna Miller, Marlon Wayans, Dennis Quaid, Ray Park, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Christopher Eccleston

Story: Paramount Pictures and Hasbro, whose previous collaboration was the worldwide blockbuster Transformers, join forces with Spyglass Entertainment for another extraordinary action-adventure. From the Egyptian desert to deep below the polar ice caps, the elite G.I. JOE team uses the latest in next-generation spy and military equipment to fight the corrupt arms dealer Destro and the growing threat of the mysterious Cobra organization to prevent them from plunging the world into chaos.

Rated: PG-13

Bottom line: I wasn’t at all excited for this one until I heard there would be no screenings for critics…you can now color me intrigued. I’ve actually read (from a select few that were able to see it) that it’s severely flawed, has no character development and the story pretty much sucks (shocking I know) – but it sometimes makes up for all of that in summer, popcorn, escapist, guilty pleasure, don’t-tell-your-friends-you-actually-paid-to-see-it fun. Let the ‘ticket’ buyer beware!

DVD’S/BLURAYS RELEASED NEXT TUESDAY
I Love You, Man B+
State of Play A-
17 Again B-

No comments: